View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #15
Gingah
Gingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheese

Device: K4S B00E
Jailbroke a K4NT

I happily received my K4NT in the mail yesterday, and subsequently spent the evening jailbreaking/watching Twin Peaks/doing research for a paper. I accomplished the following:

- Jailbreak the kindle 4NT (Silver) using the Method from the Wiki
- Enable SSH over Wifi using this method
- Changed root password to something memorable

But now I am somewhat stuck. I was just hoping someone could clear up a "small" misunderstanding on my side: If I want to install a bundle through the "update method", such as the BackDoorLock Hack, do I just place the appropriate install.bin file in the root of the Kindle USB Storage (ie not the Documents folder) and restart the kindle?

I read some 50 pages on this forum, and various google results, about what to do after jailbreaking the device, but I am sort of confused about whether the installation method for hacks and packages differ. I'm planning on installing the KUAL, but given the amount of warnings and prerequisites in that post I imagine installing it differs from smaller hacks.
Gingah is offline   Reply With Quote