View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #64
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
It is a matter of design direction for Sigil. I thought that had been decided a while ago by user-none, his crew and existing users: a professional level tool for creating epubs. Make it as easy to use as possible, but make it work well.

Extreme simplicity in book view is not possible to do well because it is hard to say where a change should start in book view. It is very clear in code view because it is the underlying and operative code.

There is not much reason to make something that is used only at the start of chapters a button. There is only so much landscape on the screen, so it is important it be used well, especially if someone is using a smaller screen, like 15" (I had to use my shop setup for a few days, and buttons started lining up in rows.)

Despite the pleas of this user, adding something like highlighting is not in line with that goal either. I would rather have a tool honed for the job than a Swiss Army knife.

Last edited by mrmikel; 12-27-2012 at 08:32 AM.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote