View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Won't be buying a Sony any time soon.

Sony Pictures Television recently screwed Wheel of Fortune contestant Renee Durette out of a chance to win, due to her Southern accent. An accent that is rather like my faded Georgia one. Shockingly, she deemphasized a terminal consonant! (A G as it were.) As a result, I wrote the following to Sony:

"Dear Sirs:

Your recent mistreatment of contestant Renee Durette was insulting and shameful. Ms. Durette has an accent similar to my own Georgia roots. To call it 'vernacular' is an insult. If my wife pronounced 'barn' with her broad New England 'a', would you also insult her by calling it vernacular. If you are too cheap to pay her the modest sum you owe her, may you choke on it. If your judge made an honest miscall, correct it.

I will seriously attempt to avoid doing business with any Sony company until this is resolved. Perhaps forever. It works for me. I haven't bought a Toshiba-branded product since one of their divisions committed treason by selling submarine technology to the Soviets."

Too bad, Sony makes nice e-readers, but principles are important.

Angrily,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote