View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 09:17 AM   #35
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It would be good, but, looking at my books I'm surprised at how little it would help. Most are just two level - the title and the chapters under it. Very few would actually benefit from it, and even the indentation isn't going to add much. But, for the few books with complex ToCs it would be great.
Um, like maybe a well done Bible? I've over a thousand ebooks and I can't think of any where it's a huge boon to fold sub levels. My wordprocessor does it and it simply means that the heading need unfolded. Some books have several sections and then H2 for chapters. Some have headings at the end listing series of books with sub heading for each book with image and blurb.

Indented subheadings is nice and automatic in WP index generation and then is carried on to the inline contents in an ebook.

TBH, I'd rather they fixed long term bugs and usability issues than spend much time on this sort of thing, though the change to indented sub-levels can't have been hard.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote