View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 11:58 PM   #42
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
All right, here is a digital example I have been to several events where the DJ has had nothing but a Macbook, an iTunes playlist and a really good set of speakers. I have spent several hours at these events listening to digital music I did not pay for.

Here is another example. I have visited my techie sister and mucked around on her computer while I was there. She let me look through her ebooks. Most of them did not interest me (she reads a lot of erotica; I do not) but there were at least two that I read in their entirety on her Palm organizer while I was there, and there were a handful of others I might have otherwise bought but I browsed for long enough to know they weren't my thing. Those might technically be 'lost sales.' But then again, I could go to a paper bookstore and browse a book there and decide not to buy it, so this is the same thing.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote