View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
This reminds me of something I've been thinking for some time, but haven't asked yet...

If you buy an ebook in some online store and, after some time, the publisher updates the book (I'm maybe being naïf, but I'd like to think publishers might release updated versions with corrected mistakes, new covers, or whatever), can you re-download the new improved version at no additional cost?

I assume the answer depends on the store and the publisher, but is there any experience in this matter?
i don't know whether this is true for all publishers / stores, or whether it applies to cover images, but i seem to remember that when l'élégance du hérisson was first available as an ebook many readers complained because there were a lot of errors in the text. the text was eventually corrected, and the people who had bought it previously were allowed to download a new file to replace the one with the errors.

i think it probably depends whether they consider it an update to the original book, in which case i imagine that just downloading the one you purchased from the site of the bookseller would get you the new version (it replaces the previous version), or whether it is considered a new edition, in which case i imagine they would want everyone to pay for it, even if you previously bought the early edition.

i certainly hope they wouldn't consider the inclusion of a cover image grounds for a new edition.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote