View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 11:12 AM   #44
iliis
Pastafari
iliis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Awesome!

Ok, I (probably) need a few system files. So you have to check which files on your Kindle are different from mine and you need a way to transfer files from and to your PC.

Transfering files should be easy with SSH by using SCP, SSHFS or something similiar. I think you can also just copy the files to the document partition which you can access normaly trough USB. Tell me if you need help with this.

I would highly recommend to do a full backup of everything you can grab before trying anything even remotely dangerous

To find the files I need, download the complete_md5_list.txt from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=34 and transfer it to your Kindle. Now run the following command:

Code:
cd / && md5sum --check path/to/complete_md5_list.txt --quiet
This calculates an MD5 hash of every file and compares it to the list of my hashes. Hopefully it should output only a few lines.

If you get this far, just post the output of the above command here.
You could also directly send me all those files, but that is a bit problematic as you probably don't want to put any personal data online. And before you go trough all the hassle let's verify that you got the right files.
iliis is offline   Reply With Quote