View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
Does anybody agree the Kobo shop has just about the worst possible search function imaginable?
Probably because of my IP I'm routinely routed through to http://www.kobobooks.nl.

Then when I search for
"watson before i go to sleep" I don't really find Watson's novel "Before I go to sleep" very easily. The Dutch translation of it is at the top, but only as the *second* hit. Why on earth is "Ibiza to go or not to go?" by Rianne Verwoert the first hit?
And why don't I get the English version of the novel? It's in the shop, I found it some other way. But I don't feel like browsing page after page of irrelevant search results for this.

And this is just one example. In many other cases it really takes some time to find the title you want.
Whereas at Amazon I nearly always find the right title almost before I've finished typing it -- or even when I've misspelled it.

Really. What a lousy lousy search engine they have. It's almost as though they don't *want* to sell books.
agree it is pathetic - one way around it is to modify the address, where you must use %22 for the quotes, + to separate the search words query, and various tags for the things you want, linked with &. For instance to find your book in English the following should work:
http://www.kobobooks.com/search/sear...+sleep%22&l=en

I don't think kobo likes it if you put both author and title in the same search string. If you remove the quote around the search terms they will be treated as an OR, while with the quotes it will search for all terms.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote