View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 03:40 AM   #15
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
I'm left handed, but have found it useful to be able to control the use of both of my hands in tasks like mouse handling, bag carrying etc.

I don't think twice about using either hand to pick up stuff with, but decided early on only to use my left hand to write, although I was encouraged in the school environment to be able to write with both hands.

However, one thing I definitely can't do is use scissors with my left hand ... nope, has to be my right hand; I predominantly use my right hand with the kitchen carving knives. Also, I was told very early on in life that it's impolite to eat 'left-handedly' at the table, and that it would draw attention to my handedness - so I was taught to always eat right handed.

My father, a very strong left-hander, was bashed by the Nuns when at school every time he used his left hand to write, or pick anything up. He was a very bad dyslexic and I believe that that was the reason.

BTW, I don't have any obvious creative talents, although I've been told by some that I'm an 'original thinker' ..... which I presume at the time the statements were made (in a higher ed situation), that it was meant to illuminate my knowledge about myself -as opposed to a statement of deficit. So - perhaps that's what my left-handed attributable creative is: originality in certain situations. (Pity it wasn't entrepreneurship along with it, drat!!)

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 01-31-2013 at 03:43 AM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote