View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 04:38 AM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8HW View Post
Everything synced up yesterday and when I went to add a couple of new books this morning it seemed to take just as long or longer as yesterdays first run with the new Calibre release.
The first part of connecting, CC sending metadata to calibre, is always going to take about the same time. The second part, after calibre checks the metadata, will be long only the first time, after which it will only send metadata updates of changes you have made.

The first time I connected it took calibre 6 - 8 minutes to send the metadata to my nexus the second time 1 second.

Specifically I have 2020 books on my device. When I last connected to calibre, it took 1 minute and 18 seconds for CC to send the metadata to calibre. Around 30 seconds for calibre to compare the metadata sent from CC to its database and 1 second to send back a metadata update declaring no changes.

As long as you let the connection run its course most everything subsequently is cached for quicker connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
My test: 1001 books on my Galaxy Nexus. The machine running calibre: Windows 7, Intel P5 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 7200RPM disk.
- Before the change, calibre took 31 seconds match the 1001 books and determine that it didn't need to send the metadata back.
- After the change, calibre took around 1.5 seconds to do the same thing.
Excellent improvement.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote