View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
No, WebKit's problems with italics and bold only extend to fonts embedded in the epub (and there are hopeful signs that it might finally be fixed with the release of Qt 4.8). You won't have this problem if you use a generic font-family or specify a system font name.
I did look into the status of that bug a while back, and saw that it was something like "We've decided to forego fixing the bug in favor of rewriting the entire fonts API." I'm not a programmer though, so although I could see that somebody was doing work I wasn't terribly sure what the work was or what it meant.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote