View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 05:05 AM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboRay View Post
If you or somebody you know has another Android device (like a phone) that does have Market access, you should be able to acquire your apps on that device, back them up to your SD card with the Astro file manager, then copy (or email) the app file to your Android device for use.

It's not an ideal long-term solution, especially if you want to add new apps frequently, but I think it should work. I know that I can send apps this way to my wife's phone for her to use so she doesn't have to dig around in the Market for them.
This may not be the place/thread but how do you install them that way? Is it just a matter of putting the .apk in the right directory?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote