Thread: PRS-900 What Brand To Use?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #7
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Try to buy from someplace reputable, as there is a lot of counterfeiting going on, just read a story on this a couple of days ago, but can't find it.

Also, while I never had a bad card, I read one person's viewpoint on brands (which I also can't find after 15 minutes of searching), laying out three tiers of manufacturers. I can't remember all of the brands, but do recall that Sandisk was top tier, and I think also Transcend and Lexar. Maybe Kingston, too. A-Data and PNY 2nd tier, RiData third tier. Who knows if this person was talking out of his hat or not?

I've had Lexar and Kingston and Sony (Memory Stick) in constant daily use, also have had A-Data and PNY for a long time and all have been very reliable. All mine have been properly packaged, and bought in stores or sent from a U.S. address.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote