View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
ekster
Currently without a title
ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
You know you've been using an eReader too much...

I'm still fairly young, only 28 years old, so it's definitely not age.

But I am also old enough to remember what's it like when computers were these slow useless boxes with horrible graphics, games were on video cassettes, and 14.4 kbps Internet was OMGWOW this is the future of flying cars and teleportation! So I'm definitely not born during the digital age and I have a very good idea what a type-writer, a paper book, etc. is... I've used those, I had fun with those, and I know them very well.

So I definitely did not expect this happen to me, ever:

When reading a book during lunch, I tap the right corner, wait, and tap it again, then freeze for a couple of seconds before realizing that the reason why the page isn't changing is because it's a paper book. :\

But yeah, that just happened to me during lunch. I guess I was so busy trying to understand the math and eating my lunch, and also way too used to reading with my tablet/eReader or working in excel on my tablet that my fingers just automatically went into the tapping mode. And 5 seconds, while don't seem that long by themselves, 5 seconds to realize what I was doing sure is embarrassing.

Is anyone else getting way too used to the digital world?
ekster is offline   Reply With Quote