View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #74
hal2814
Connoisseur
hal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 2
We decided to give up our satellite soon after my daughter was born so we've been without for a little over 5 years now. We have an antenna that can pick up 3-4 over-the-air stations (NBC, Fox, and Sometime ABC and CBS). I also have a PC hooked up to my TV. In the beginning content was scarce. You had to find and download whatever you wanted to watch. These days, it's pretty easy to fire up the web browser and stream shows through places like Hulu. If you like SEC football, CBS has an online stream now. ESPN 3 also exists but it's streaming is terrible compared to how it worked back when it was ESPN 360. I really don't miss satellite. I've found is that we almost never watch reruns anymore and we don't make a habit of camping in front of the TV all evening like we did before but we still get quality programming.

As far as the home phone line goes, we recently dropped our home phone service down to a package that allows incoming calls and outgoing toll free and 911 calls but costs money for any other outgoing calls. Bundled with our 2M/512k DSL package, that runs us $46 per month total.
hal2814 is offline   Reply With Quote