View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 06:11 PM   #31
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
@geekmaster, if you mean use Kubrick to activate diags mode via USB Downloader connection, that won't work post-KT.
The Rescue Pack and Cowards Rescue Pack is much more reliable.
I meant to use kubrick merely as a bootable linux, so you can SSH in. I was multitasking at the time I posted (visitors), or I would have mentioned using whatever SSH tool a Mac has available (but no specific suggestions due to lack of Mac experience).

You still need to get to diags, and into SSH yourself (which I tried to make clear in my post). Of course, there is no magic key (nor is it needed) if you use RP (diags SSH) and ENABLE_DIAGS or CRP to get into diags.

So really, linux isn't needed - just whatever tools you can use on a Mac to SSH into the kindle diags, then follow those instructions I linked to (starting with diags).

You can use "kindletool" to extract contents (rootfs and kernel) from an update*.bin file from amazon. You can write those into the kindle MAIN partition while booted to diags, using the instructions at the "Simple Debricking" thread (starting at diags).

I should quit posting for awhile. Sorry if I am repeating myself.

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-23-2016 at 06:17 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote