View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 01:23 PM   #30229
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Just finished a re-re-re... I don't know how many times, re-read of Edith Wharton's The Age of Innocence, this time accompanied by a re-watch of Martin Scorsese's brilliant (literally and figuratively) movie adaptation with narration by Joanne Woodward. This book has always been "comfort food" for me - one I returned to when I hit reading slumps, reading burn-out, etc. I think Wharton hit her stylistic zenith in this novel, and I imagine her chuckling at her writing desk as she impaled the mores of New York society.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote