View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 09:08 PM   #4
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLID10 View Post
I am wondering if there is a quick way in calibre to find and replace all of the curly quotes with straight ones. I noticed there is a tool called "smarten punctuation" but it does the opposite of what I need it to do.
Also, if you're doing a Calibre conversion, under Look & Feel > Text, there's a little checkbox for UnSmarten Punctuation.

That will convert your book and change all smart quotes into their dumb equivalents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLID10 View Post
Due to some issues with my ereader, I have to format the quote marks on my ebooks to be straight (') and not curly (’).
May I ask what the exact issue is?
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote