View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 12:03 AM   #111
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Thanks, I hope I do too! But I'm not a particular fan of Daphne du Maurier, beyond Rebecca and My Cousin Rachel, both of which I revisited in the past few years. I can't remember which of her works I read back in high school.

I finished A Headful of Ghosts. I liked it well enough to add Paul Tremblay's other books to my wish list, even though some of it didn't hang together for me. The audiobook narrator, Joy Osmanski, was terrific.
Ah, I must have seen some mention about those two of her books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I'm about 2/3 through The House on the Strand and other than the casual homophobia (which I knew was going to be there), I am very interested.
Unfortunately I suppose it goes with the period. I read the book when it was first published and while I remember enjoying it, I can't remember the details, so it will almost be like a first read for me.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote