View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 08:34 AM   #40
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
I gave in and looked at OBS's answer. I had initially started in that direction but stopped, my problem with it was

Spoiler:
I got wrapped up in human nature and asked myself "what if one of the prisoners did not attempt to leave at the earliest possible time?" That would have thrown everything out of wack. I didn't make the assumption, and maybe I should have, that logic implied they would leave as soon as they could - anything else would be illogical.
I should say that I don't think your spoiler tags are necessary, but I won't remove them. I will answer though.

This is really a logical puzzle given embodiment. It's not a logical analysis of a real situation. So bringing in human variation and fallibility is the wrong way to approach a solution.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote