View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #11
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I bought myself a Nexus 7 for a combined birthday/Xmas present to myself, and I love it. My prior tablet was a Nook Color, and except for one thing, the Nexus beats it hands down.

The processor is SO FAST - there's a reason it's generally considered the best 7" tablet on the market at the moment.

The one thing it didn't beat the NC on was the screen - the screen is nice, but the NC was Technicolor eye-popping. Really saturated colors that made me go, 'Wow!' every time I played a video on it.

The absence of an SD card slot doesn't really affect the comparison for me, as I was using the SD card slot to run a custom ROM so it was only marginally useful for other purposes. A tablet is not my preferred video watching device anyway, although it's nice to have as an alternative.

One thing I do LOVE about the Nexus 7 is the ergonomics for reading. I can hold it comfortably in one hand and use the volume button to turn the page, which is my preferred method. One-handed reading beats two-handed reading any day, and the N7 is the most comfortable device I've used since my old, old, old Franklin Ebookman.

It all comes down to what you need - I think the N7 gives the most bang for the buck, which is why I bought it in the first place, but it's also very comfortable and very easy to use.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote