View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
The last one might be stretching the truth a bit, since I don't think any DTP program besides InDesign can export EPUB (yes, all-caps is the official spelling -_-).
oops, all caps it is then ! sorry about that.

might be stretching the truth a bit, but it seems like a good compromise if we don't want to seem to be advertising InDesign (which i personally am happy to do, since i hate Quark XPress, but that's not really the point).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
One more thing to add, how much you are willing to pay. Point out that you can't pay without a product to purchase. Publishers are in the business to make money, seeing customers with money, who are willing to spend that money to them, ought to motivate them if anything will....
good point Sir. it's also a good time to let them know that pricing the ebook at 1€ less than the hardcover prices is going to stick in the throats of most people... perhaps something like "Another benefit of ebooks is the reduced costs involved in producing and distributing them. When publishers pass along their savings to me, the consumer, it encourages me to continue to buy their books. Ebooks priced lower than the price of paperbacks will mean more sales for publishers and happy ebook consumers ready to buy more, so everybody wins." i'm not really sure of the wording here so if anyone has a better idea please do propose it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm not sure that a publisher is going to care that EPUB is "open source", or even know what "open source" is, for that matter.
that's possible, but if they don't, maybe they'll look it up... i think it's worth mentioning nonetheless, because i think it is important in the absolute sense.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote