View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
tigeraid
tigeraid began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Serious firmware or database failure in Kobo Wireless - help!

Hey guys, I've perused around the forum but mostly I've just found tricks I've tried before, so I'll try and run this down quickly.

I have a wireless Kobo, currently using v1.9 of the software (Mar 29, 2011), revision 58.

Things were fine for months, adding/removing books using calibre, reading several books. Weird things started to happen when I started a particular book, though... First, whenever I powered it off, and then back on, it would always return to the same page, as opposed to where I stopped reading. Even when I was completely done the book, it would still only show 10% read in the menu. Then when I moved onto the next book, it wouldn't save a page at ALL, even when powering it off in the middle of the book... It would return me to the main book list and that particular book showed as "unread."

I figured I had a couple of corrupt books (library downloads), so I decided to use calibre to remove the books on the kobo, and then I transferred a bunch back over, including some new ones.

Lo and behold, not only did the ones I "removed" reappear when I turned the kobo back on, but none of the new books appeared!

At this point I was growing frantic, so I went through all the usual syncing, which did nothing... Then I searched on some forums, found all the "master reset" suggestions, both with the pinhole button and without, and none of them have worked.

I even tried to copy the database file and use sqlite to build a fresh one, but sqlite kept giving me errors about particular lines in the database "cannot be NULL."

I'm just about out of options here--help?

Is there another way to replace/upgrade/re-create the database on this thing?
tigeraid is offline   Reply With Quote