View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 06:43 AM   #8
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I nominate On the Beach by Nevil Shute. This author recently became public domain and the book is available in this forum. I have always wanted to read this book!
Oh wow! I would love to read that. I saw the Australian-made mini-series/film and it affected me greatly. It's astronomically expensive in Amazon for something that should rightly be in PD. $11.99 can you believe it?!

EDIT: I tell a lie. I found it for $9.69. Still outrageous considering its age, but at least it comes under the $10 mark.

Last edited by caleb72; 05-21-2011 at 06:51 AM.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote