View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 02:22 AM   #49
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Not sure why Beryl does't like Onyx' Linux since the sources are published...
By my understanding developing third party apps is totally possible on Onyx so ..why is the OS a problem? I would rather say the popularity is a problem here and the portability the later being the huge advantage of the Android apps.
It is not a matter of liking as such, that would be stupid.
Again I agree with you complety: in the end it is a matter of popularity/ressources.
Because these devices are not "popular" enough you should use a system where software development is outsourced.
And people actually pay for the good stuff extra.

And lets face it, software development in the "normal" Linux world is driven
by the competition with MS and thus happens in another dimension completely.
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote