View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #3
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I was reading over the Max Brand biography the other day and again I was struck by how much he produced. According to the bio he would pump out 50 pages in an afternoon (that's around 50 x 250 words on a mechanical typewriter, or 12,500 words) and the amazing fact about this is not the speed. No. A lot of this ouput went straight into print! No editing, no correction, from his fingers directly into publication.

So, thinking about this, what's the most you've ever written in a day? What's your acceptable level of output on any writing session, or day? When I'm blind writing I can get around 20,000 words, but all of them have to be edited (I'm no Max Brand). Without blind writing, I steady out at around 2,000 good words.
I'm not a writer. Not even close. I write blog posts and essays for school, and that's about it. However, the essay I just submitted for class got a perfect score from a professor who does not give perfect scores, and a ton of compliments. The sad thing is, I accidentally submitted the rough draft! The essay took me all of about half an hour to write.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote