View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #282
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepSnick View Post
As for your second possibility, I'm afraid i don't understand because I'm not sure what the T1 is. If you could explain that, then i'll look into what you are saying and see if that is it (sorry for being a pest!).
By T1 I meant my Sony PRST1. I was not expecting you to be able to DO anything with the info other than point out that various models have quirks which just ARE. We have to live with them, find a workaround or buy a different model.

Quote:
Okay, I opened the opf files in wordpad, I used the same author and series, a book that is in order and a book that isn't, and i see no differences there.
When you opened the opf files did you use the epub in the Calibre library or the one on the Nook? To draw any conclusions it would need to be the latter because Calibre updates the metadata in the opf file as you send-to-device/save-to-disk/connect-to-folder. I don't think the plugboard mappings are added to the Calibre library copy of the epub only to the epub on the device.

Something else you could try to see if you can home in on the problem...
  • Whilst the Nook is NOT connected to Calibre, select a single series by a single author which currently contains some correct and some incorrect Nook entries. Preferably a series with a lot of entries (3 is not really enough). Delete all books from this series from the Nook. Make a note of which entries were correct and which were incorrect.
  • Connect the Nook to Calibre and select all books in the chosen series. Make sure they are in correct series order on the screen. Recopy the whole series, in one go, to the Nook, then disconnect. Relook at the Nook. Are the books which were correct/incorrect still the same?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote