View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 03:30 PM   #16626
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I recently got a "$5 off any book or audiobook" offer via email on one of my very-rarely-used Kobo accounts. This seems to be Kobo Canada specific, and is clearly a personalized offer, but I thought I'd post info, so folks who have Kobo Canada accounts can check their email carefully.

The email says:

Quote:
Time to make a literary comeback. We've added $5 to your account.

How to claim your $5:

Number 1 Sign in to your account wherever you read with Kobo

Number 2 Select any eBook or audiobook in our store before 07-14-2018

Number 3 We'll automatically apply your $5 credit during checkout

Hurry, offer ends 07-14-2018
And the details are as follows:

Quote:
*Offer valid only for legal residents of Canada, who make a purchase on kobo.com between 06-23-2018 and 07-14-2018, 11:59PM EST. This offer applies to any eBook on the store and up to $5.00 of credit will be automatically applied against your purchase. This is a limited time offer and will not be available after the above stipulated dates. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Discounts cannot be applied nor the discount value refunded once a purchase is complete. Rakuten Kobo Inc. reserves the right to change or cancel the offer at any time without notice.
I have done the first step, logging in, and a $5 credit does appear under payment methods for my account. I haven't yet figured out what book I want to buy with the credit, but since the $5 has appeared as a credit, and doesn't require some coupon code, I am more optimistic than usual that this will actually work. And, as a credit, it should be viable on big publisher titles too, which would be nice. I'll update further when I actually buy a book, to confirm that it worked - or didn't - and what it worked on...

And in the meantime, as I said above, if you have a Kobo Canada account, but haven't used it in a while, check your email...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote