Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 10:10 PM   #1021
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt5 View Post
First of all, please excuse my English.

I read the synopsis of this short novel about 15 or 20 years ago. It’s about a teenage boy whose mother is a cocaine addict. He’s in a relation with a Chinese girl, both of them dream to make a trip to China that will never happen. It also said that the story leaves you with a bittersweet feeling.
Part of your details reminded me of Requiem for a Dream (movie and book written by Hubert Selby Jr), but I watched the movie several years ago and don't remember if they dreamed about making a trip to China or not.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote