View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #20
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
First off, I'm running the current Ghostscript, as per your instructions and "gs - v". Calibre got updated today to 7.2.4. From what I can tell, all PDF-related extensions are enabled, but there's a lot of random stuff in there. Not finding pdfmanipulate is totally weird, right? Funny thing is, it's claiming this locate.database issue but I've built that database a few times now.
Thoughts?
The problem seems to be on your end now. There's not much I can do.

Here's what I suggest.
  1. Try creating/updating the locate database with the command it gives. See if that helps.
  2. Try to find ebook-meta and pdfmanipulate yourself using whatever search mechanisms mac offers or just looking around inside whatever directory calibre got installed into.

If you manage to find them, then you can edit the script yourself. Open it in a text editor, and replace the portion:

Code:
echo -n "Looking for ebook-meta ..."
if which "ebook-meta" ; then
    emexec=$(which "ebook-meta")
else
    if locate "ebook-meta" ; then
        emexec=$(locate "ebook-meta" | head -n1)
    else
       echo ""
       echo "Could not find ebook-meta calibre subprogram. Skipping metadata steps."
       emexec="notfound"
    fi
fi
echo ""
with simply:

Code:
emexec="/usr/bin/ebook-meta"
And the portion:

Code:
echo -n "Looking for pdfmanipulate..."
if which "pdfmanipulate" ; then
    pdmexec=$(which "pdfmanipulate")
else
    if locate "pdfmanipulate" ; then
        pdmexec=$(locate "pdfmanipulate" | head -n1)
    else
       echo ""
       echo "Error, Could not find calibre's pdfmanipulate subprogram."
       echo "The script cannot work without it."
       exit 3 
    fi
fi
echo ""
with simply:

Code:
pdmexec="/usr/bin/pdfmanipulate"
But of course change it to the actual paths where you find these things, and not /usr/bin. If they were in /usr/bin, we wouldn't be having this problem.

Last edited by frabjous; 10-19-2010 at 04:51 PM.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote