View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 05:40 PM   #12
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Several Kindle 3 KB's
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Things are a bit of a mess on PCLOS. In choosing to support two different--specific--versions of libhunspell (v1.3 and v1.6), they've eliminated the possibility of a python script being able to accurately find the hunspell shared library it needs to find. Never mind the /usr/share/share/sigil weirdness.

Most distros have a libhunspell.so link that will point to whichever version the system has chosen as the default. PCLOS apparently has no default version of libhunspell. So Sigil's python plugin framework can't easily guess which version it needs to be looking for.

Not sure what the way forward is there for future Sigil support on PCLOS. We may have to create an environment variable that can be used to set the hunspell version at runtime so we can work around these fringe issues.

The good news is that not a ton of plugins out there are using the hunspell interface. You may be able to do without.

Or in the meantime, one workaround is to create a symbolic link in /usr/lib/sigil named libhunspell.so that points to /usr/lib64/libhunspell-1.6.so.0.0.1. That will work until they decide to move to hunspell v1.7.
I noticed, when I looked into uninstalling either version of libhunspell.
Removing 1.3.0 would remove a shedload of porgs, like Thunar, PCmanFM, Claws-mail, etc while removing 1.6_0 only causes the removal of Sigil and Hunspell.

I'll try your ln method, and report. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-11-2019 at 11:30 AM.
rolgiati is offline   Reply With Quote