View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 10:07 PM   #914
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasK View Post
When linking a new book to Goodreads, if I click on the "Search Goodreads.com" button, I receive the following error:

Code:
calibre, version 2.75.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:QUrl.fromEncoded(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'unicode'

calibre 2.75.1  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Linux-4.4.0-57-generic-x86_64-with-debian-stretch-sid Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '4.4.0-57-generic', '#78-Ubuntu SMP Fri Dec 9 23:50:32 UTC 2016')
Python 2.7.9
Linux: ('debian', 'stretch/sid', '')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 2, 1) && Kobo Utilities (2, 4, 1) && Goodreads Sync (1, 9, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 1, 0) && KoboTouchExtended (2, 8, 2) && Goodreads (1, 1, 11)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 1046, in search_on_goodreads
TypeError: QUrl.fromEncoded(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'unicode'
As you can see I'm running in Ubuntu linux, version is 16.04.

From reading the thread, I suspect it's similar to the Mac issue with the same error, just under Linux. I understand that Kovid added a Mac specific workaround... I'm guessing that enabling the same workaround for Linux would fix the issue.

Let me know if there's anything else I can provide to help.
That has been fixed in the beta posted a few months ago. You can get if from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...48#post3389148.

I had completely forgotten about that beta. As I can't see any complaints, I'll arrange for it to be released properly.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote