View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #198
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
I actually like DiapDealer's approach of only buying a new book when he finished the previous one. It's something I've unsuccessfully tried with paper books, e-books, video games, iOS games, Android games, and Ukulele song sheets. I'll have to try to muster the discipline, again. Not even for the possible money saving, but to counter the occasionally frustrating feeling of never catching up.

I changed my view on keeping all books on the reader, too. Now that I mostly use the Nexus 7 for reading, I can use Calibre Companion's solid features that make organizing and finding books much easier. I also sat down and learned how to use shelves with the Kobo reader, which also made it more viable for me to keep all my books on the e-ink reader.

It does require more discipline to not flip too much between multiple books, but that is something that can be learned. I hope!
Well unless you dislike flipping between multiple books, why learn it. I go through stages of reading every book, cover to cover, and stages where I change books often, sometimes abandoning them. Sometimes it is the book(s) sometimes it is me. But if I am not wanting to read the book, even if it is only because I want to read something else more, why continue. Often I like books better after a break.

I guess I lack work ethics and stoicism in the reading area. Sure I'll can perhaps finish them all some day, but what will that get me in the great game of life?

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote