View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #117
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Options for scanned book

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJM View Post
Hello,

I am new to this software which I just discovered. I have been playing around with it but I do not get proper results. Thus I wondered I should deal with options and its parameters but I do not know how.

My goal is very simple, I just want to read novels I have scanned using my kindle 2. So the structure of the document is very simple and similar along the pages. Could you please tell me the options I should use to get a good pdf for my kindle?

I give you a pdf sample of first 10 pages of a book I wanted to convert.

http://www.mediafire.com/?c5psm6s2arkn476

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Thanks for the example--that helps. I'd use these options:

-m .05 -as -ws .2 -col 1

-m .05 to clip the margins less, -as to autostraighten each page, -ws .2 will separate words more consistently for your file, and -col 1 since the source is not multicolumn. K2pdfopt still has a little trouble because the lines of text are slightly distorted (curved), but mostly the output looks very readable to me. If you want the output text larger or smaller, add -odpi XXX where XXX is larger or smaller than the default of 167, respectively.

Last edited by willus; 08-23-2012 at 09:30 PM.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote