View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
MMHaven
MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kobo Writing Life now open (New direct self-pub program)

I just got the email from Kobo:

Quote:
You can create a Kobo Writing Life account as a single-sign on from your existing Kobo reader account at the following address:

http://writinglife.kobobooks.com

If you happen to already have an existing publisher account with Kobo, there is the ability, within the registration process, to identify your existing accountID. Please take the time to do this as it will help us with migrating your existing titles in to your new Kobo Writing Life account (but please note that the process to migrate any pre-existing titles over will take several weeks)

Bring us your Word, Open Office or mobi files for conversion into the ePub standard; or bring your pre-formatted ePub files and upload them easily. Then enter your metadata, set your price for various currencies, and when you’re ready, hit publish to bring your eBook to Kobo customers around the globe. Inside the Learning Centre you’ll find our FAQ and User Guide as well as a handy video that walks you through the publishing process. And the dashboard will allow you to track your sales in near-real time from every global region you choose to make your titles available in.
I'm excited by this; I'm getting my first book ready for publication, and I would much rather have control over it than use Smashwords - just a personal preference. The ability to publish worldwide is also great, and I think that Kobo allows coupons, though I'm not sure how that would work for indie authors.

What do you guys think? I'm not sure about being tied to my reader account and how that will work with having a pen-name, but I'll figure it out.
MMHaven is offline   Reply With Quote