View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 09:58 PM   #14
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I will look more into this. Thanks. The issue I am investigating is on this Raspberry Pi with limited memory, I also want to run Nextcloud. It would be extremely rare, if ever, that calibre-server would be being accessed at the same time as Nextcloud. So in theory I should be OK running both of these applications on the same Pi, as long as neither holds on to a significant amount of memory when it's not being used.

I have a systemd timer that fires off a nightly rsync to my main Calibre setup and copies the library over to the Pi. At the end of the rsync, it restarts calibre-server on the Pi so it will pick up any changes. What I may do, is socket activate calibre-server on the Pi, then at the nightly rsync timer, simply kill calibre-server at the end of the rsync rather than restarting it. Thus calibre-server should socket-activate the next time someone tries to access it, and would pick up any changes from the rsync at that time.

This should work (I think). I'll play around with it.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote