View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #24
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave9000 View Post
By the way, it would be nice, in a future update, to skip the downloading of the default cover from bol.
At the moment I just run a script that removes the cover.jpg files with a size of 15941 bytes: I guess there should be a clever way to do that ;-)
I did some testing, but I dont get the size of the cover by headers.
THe next step would be the same as you do, looking at the size of the downloaded no-cover.jpg, i.c. 9361 (using culla)
The properties of the no-cover-image says: 9.024 bytes and size on disk:12.288 bytes.

I can filter out images of that size (including other images of the same size).
But I still doubt if that will work, because you are talking about a size of 15941. That could imply that there are different sizes of the no-cover available image.

BTW culla has a no-cover, but the other title you gave returned a real cover .
Do you know some more titles?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	77380  

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 10-05-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote