View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 03:40 AM   #11
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
I can't be the only one who doesn't want to write in the almighty cloud, can I?

Actually, that's not entirely true; I'm writing my novel with a cloud, but it's a strictly local one. (SanDisk's Wireless Flash Drive and a portable install of LibreOffice are simply priceless for this!) I remain in complete control of where my files are at any time, and I'll gladly pay the minor hassle of manual version control and sync for that benefit. The only people who've seen chapters are the people I've shown them to in person and the one guy I've emailed a copy to.

On the other hand, if I were depending on a cloud for the software and storage, I'd have to worry about security on multiple levels, from vendors I can't realistically influence, let alone control. That's not cool, especially when working on a book that I'll be trying to sell.

So, no - no iOffice for me, thanks. I'll keep holding out hope that LibreOffice for Android becomes a reality and will work on Android 4.0.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote