Thread: Forma Wishful thinking...
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 04:10 AM   #9
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
I think azw3 files are compressed. There's at least 2 levels of compression for .mobi (which AZW3 is a .mobi with only the so-called KF8/"new" format included?) and calibre only uses the less cpu intensive less effective version I think

Yes, that's true for MOBI files. But AZW3's are pretty much EPUB's with an Amazon ribbon around them. That's why the KindleUnpack plugin can 'convert' them so quickly; there is no real conversion involved, just some internal rearranging of files.

At least, that's how I understand things.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote