View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 11:38 AM   #7
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
It works for me with airplane mode on. My Kindle books are normally downloaded over WiFi, so the info is part of the book file itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junket View Post
Well that tells us that some books save the "about this book" info on Kindle. But it's clearly not all books as the first ten that I tried all had nothing to offer on the device and asked to connect to wifi to continue.
That's probably a side effect of transferring books over USB, which for me is mostly good, since it ovoids all the start actions and end actions crap, but does have the downside of no X-ray and no page number file. I've never missed the "about this book" because I've never tried to access it.

In any case this is another example of things put in the bookname.sdr directory except downloaded from amazon instead of generated on device like bookmarks, highlights, etc.
The info is not part of the book.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote