View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 04:34 PM   #43
Victoria
Guru
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW 5, iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Oh, I think she was trying to “save” Arthur. I certainly found her going back to nurse him as totally unbelievable after the difficulties she had had in escaping him previously. She was just too good to be true.
I thought Brontė portrayed Helen as sincerely trying to ‘save’ Arthur as well. Having her take that risk makes no sense in the context of the rest of the story, especially as fiercely protective as she is of little Arthur. It’s another example where the internal consistency of the story breaks down.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote