View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 06:39 PM   #541
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
It's kind of amusing, actually. A few of my nominations that have won have been roundly detested by the group.
From memory, the two Club choices you nominated astrangerhere were Never Let Me Go, which I loved, and the Rebanks we have just read, of which I was supportive apart from his writing style.

We had good discussions on both books, so I can’t agree by any means that they were “roundly detested”, as I certainly wasn’t the only member to enjoy them, and to say so.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote