View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 06:35 PM   #90
homeceo43
Enthusiast
homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@homeceo43: Okay, confirmed that it should work .

Could you dig around /sys/class/backlight/ and see if you can find a "brightness" or "intensity" pseudofile that will actually kill the light if you echo 0 to it?
I'm so sorry, I don't know what you are asking here (I suppose use usbnetworking? which I know nothing about.)

I was going to tell you this information earlier (but work got in the way)...

I completely removed KOReader from the PW3, then I copied the entire koreader folder (and the koreader folder under extensions) from the PW4 to the PW3 (and I did this to keep all the customized settings I already created on the PW4) and tapping the lower left of the screen when a book is open turns the frontlight off and on on the PW3.

So same exact KOReader version (v2018.11.1-27-gafc4be3_2018-11-16) on both devices. When a book is open, tapping lower left of PW3 turns frontlight off/on. PW4 does not. Both flash the frontlight on/off messages.

I am so grateful for the privilege to be able to use this awesome software (and it just keeps getting better and better). I wish I could help more with your question, but I just don't know how. Perhaps you could provide guidance, or someone here who knows what you are asking could help?
homeceo43 is offline   Reply With Quote