View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 10:42 PM   #73
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
I know that mode well! Question, a few firmwares back, Kobo made it impossible to track your reading activity without ticking the box in Settings/Energy saving and privacy that reads "Automatically share data about the features you use". I've never liked the sound of that, and keep it unticked, but, as a result, miss being able to track my reading activity.
For the record, Kobo didn't really change anything here. The option was moved and given a different name, but the function hasn't changed. In both versions it turns of stats collection and sharing data to Kobo.

For turning the data sharing without a patch, there are two things you can do. The analytics look to be stored for reporting in two ways. One is in the database, the other is a file.

For the database, there is a function in my Kobo Utilities plugin to add a trigger to the database that deletes these records when they are added. The table is "AnalyticsEvents" if you want to look at thw is reported.

For the file, if you create a directory in place of the file, it should prevent the analytics being stored until they can be sent. The file is "Analytics.conf" in the .kobo/Kobo directory.

I haven't tried either of these for a while, but they should still work.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote