View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #88
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
FWIW - I also have a starting VL - Oh, I asked what you meant by 'highlighted' because I thought it might have something to do with Marked books and Excluded duplicates - but I didn't want to ask a leading question.

First thing is backup your library.

The View settings are in the library database, you can see them in the metadata_db_prefs_backup.json file in the library - look for "library_view books view state" - you'll need a 'real' editor, which basically means not Notepad (well at least its better than edlin )

You could try deleting that block from that json file and rebuilding the database via the Library Maintenance->Restore database. Before doing that though I would clean up any anomalies by running a calibredb — check-library - I prefer the command line version because I can get a CSV to work from.

Or you could try this : create an empty library and Copy a subset of your books into it with same custom columns. Then create the same VL's and Views in the new library and check it out. If you don't get the same problem then, delete the all books from that new library, and then Move all your books to the new library. Why - well, any books that remain in the old library need looking into, they are stranded books that need rescuing

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-06-2014 at 08:11 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote