View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 05:19 PM   #12
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
The Garmin one goes straight from the wallwart to the USB connector. The advantage is that it came with the international plug adapters and is certified to work with different voltages (important for me as an expat traveling back and forth)

The Tekkeon one requires the use of the USB cable. The advantage is that you plug in any rechargeable USB device (and with the included 1/2 dozen adapters also cellphones etc.) iPod, Garmin GPS, Sony reader... it all works since the connector on the charger is a regular flat female USB port like on any computer nowadays. I could use the A/C plug adapters from Garmin too, but I don't quite trust the multi-voltage ability of the Tekkeon, it's so cheap I'm sure they cut some corners.

I also want to point out that there are other similar products out which will probably work every bit as good.

Last edited by allovertheglobe; 10-13-2008 at 05:23 PM.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote