View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
very nice...I too think I will end up with a slate device rather than a large format dedicated ebook reader. They just haven't pushed the color tech as I had hoped. Still going to wait, can't spend any funds right now anyway, too many med bills, but I later I can live with a 12" PixelQi device running either the Chrome OS, the newer version of Win7 Mobile or even Android though I suspect Chrome will be a ton more robust.

Thanks for the link...it reminds me that it's the reader OS and software than currently disappoint in terms of performance and useability for my purposes. A full OS eliminates this by making it possible to run a far more mature range of applications with a higher degree of interoperability within the device itself. Funny how these devices will be cheaper than the iPad and be abble to multi-task, limited of course because it's not some quad-core but still it's going to be better than non-multitasking devices. My only reservation about Chrome will be what apps can run under it...I would need something like Evernote as well as FBReader and of course K4PC. I can live with the Google suite of apps but something like Evernote/OneNote is a must app. I've become too dependent on OneNote but also have used and liked Evernote so it's not a big deal to switch...

I agree to about the fact we already know all the naysayers will use about battery life and all that...we know...but some of use have needed a device like these for a couple decades not just a year or two.

have you see the size of the newest SSD drives? They are smaller, or maybe about the same size as, a US quarter and I believe the max capacity was 64GB which is more than enough for me for now. Maybe by next year we might see 128GB in the same low power small size device.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote