View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 11:14 AM   #67
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Valuable update. Indeed looks like there is great deal of manual work during manufacture instead of forging a stream of 'cookies' by automated production line. It means that every unit is unique and can have different manufacturing defect. It is much like all the electronics made in '70s decade where repairs were quite 'normal' procedures. Nowadays automated production deliver stable quality - either all units have defect or non of them.
I guess that would explain the rattling sound which some people are still experiencing in their devices with a component apparently coming loose.

Quote:
Lei Kuok Koi 1 day ago

Hi Michael. I received my e-reader on this Friday. It is really fantastic. However, I guess there is a component that is not securely fixed at the central part of the IC board. Whenever I sway the e-reader lightly, there is a rocking sound at the central portion of this gadget. Probably, this could be the lithium battery. I find the sound somewhat annoying. Can you help me to solve this issue? I am living in Macau. Any repair/replacement I presume will take quite a long time. Thank you. Edward

Michael Kozlowski Campaigner 1 day ago

One user solved this issue by finding out exactly where that noise is happening and running a hair dryer on it for a minute or so. This should solve the problem, it is not elegant, but it is something you can do yourself.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...ader#/comments
Not sure that I would care for that "solution" to the problem, though. What would happen if one accidentally fried the internal components following such advice? Would they still cover it under the warranty?
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote