View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 12:21 AM   #105
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
I'm afraid I don't have the patience to read through this entire thread so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but, unless you regularly search for text within books, there's absolutely no reason that Kindle OS *has* to index at all AND you can stop it from doing so fairly easily. Here's how:

Within Windows Explorer/Mac Finder, locate the folder Search Indexes on your Kindle device while it's connected to the PC. It's hidden so you'll have to tell Windows to show hidden files. Delete it then create a blank text file with the same name (make sure it doesn't have a .txt extension).

Bada boom, bada bing ... your indexing woes are over. Your Kindle will still track the titles of your ebooks, it just won't index every word in every book. No waiting weeks for your Kindle to finish indexing, no stuck books, no battery drain.

This indexing problem has been around since the first Kindle dropped so it's likely that they'll never fix it. In case you haven't noticed, Amazon's Kindle group doesn't give a damned about users.

It's also worth noting that Kobo has no problems with indexing.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote