View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 02:12 PM   #8
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Apparently, as of now, the Likebook Mars being sold through Amazon (USA) has Google Play pre-installed. I had been told that earlier units would get an update to install Google Play. Now, I'm told by the seller that I need to return my device so that a manual upgrade can be done to install Google Play. Then they'll return my device. Seems odd to me.

Google Play is nice to have, but I really don't need it. I already have the apps installed on my Mars that I want. I'd like the auto-refresh glitch on third party apps fixed, though.

Now, I don't know if these newer units of the Mars will be less buggy than the first batch. I haven't encountered most of those bugs, but others have.

I still like the Mars overall, and think that it has potential (if Boyue offers some good updates). Still, I'd suggest to someone else in the market that they wait and see on the Mars before buying. People might want to wait at least until we know more about the Onyx Nova.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote